View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:33 am



Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Vizio 
Author Message
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 12:07 pm
Posts: 3667
Location: Dallas, Texas, U.S.
Post Vizio
What's the scoop on this brand? The wife calls me from Sam's today and gave me this model # and said she likes it. $2599.99.I'm a little skeptical..plus I'm still shopping around looking at various brands, features, pictures etc to ge the best bang for the buck.
And what is passive 3D?

http://www.vizio.com/led-lcd-hdtvs/50-p ... 650sv.html


Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:43 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Owner
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 1345
Location: Tok, Alaska
Post Re: Vizio
I like the Vizio brand. I currently have a 3 year old 47" LCD Flat screen and I have considered the 55" for the next upgrade. Not so sure about 3D though. Not enough movies out there that warrant getting into it ATM. Plus, not sure if Dish Network is broadcasting any 3D channels. If they were, then I might consider getting a 3D flat screen ... :handgestures-thumbup:

_________________
i7-4790K~4.0GHz - ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark II - 16GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 1600 - Two 512GB Mushkin Reactor~RAID 0 (OS) - One WD 4GB Green (storage) - ASUS Strix GTX970 - Silverstone 1000W PSU - Silverstone Raven v3 - Dell 34" curved 3440x1440 - Win7 Ult 64bit


Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 12:07 pm
Posts: 3667
Location: Dallas, Texas, U.S.
Post Re: Vizio
I have now heard they good as well. However, even though Sony was my top choice I am now looking at this.

http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video/tel ... LW6500.jsp


Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:35 am
Profile ICQ
Site Owner
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 1345
Location: Tok, Alaska
Post Re: Vizio
Hhaha ... the reviewers on that product sound typical! Not one review was helpful to the ones reading them ... haha!

_________________
i7-4790K~4.0GHz - ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark II - 16GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 1600 - Two 512GB Mushkin Reactor~RAID 0 (OS) - One WD 4GB Green (storage) - ASUS Strix GTX970 - Silverstone 1000W PSU - Silverstone Raven v3 - Dell 34" curved 3440x1440 - Win7 Ult 64bit


Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 12:07 pm
Posts: 3667
Location: Dallas, Texas, U.S.
Post Re: Vizio
AKHandyman wrote:
Hhaha ... the reviewers on that product sound typical! Not one review was helpful to the ones reading them ... haha!


meh...those reviews on LG's site are hogwash. Never read reviews on the manufacturers website. They like to copy and paste. They pick out the "short and sweet" good ones for their site.


Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:00 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Owner
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 1345
Location: Tok, Alaska
Post Re: Vizio
I'd stick with Vizio or Samsung IMO. Not enough info or feedback about LG ... just saying. :geek:

_________________
i7-4790K~4.0GHz - ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark II - 16GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 1600 - Two 512GB Mushkin Reactor~RAID 0 (OS) - One WD 4GB Green (storage) - ASUS Strix GTX970 - Silverstone 1000W PSU - Silverstone Raven v3 - Dell 34" curved 3440x1440 - Win7 Ult 64bit


Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 12:07 pm
Posts: 3667
Location: Dallas, Texas, U.S.
Post Re: Vizio
AKHandyman wrote:
I'd stick with Vizio or Samsung IMO. Not enough info or feedback about LG ... just saying. :geek:


I'm still doing my research. I been going from store to store comparing all the features, pictures and prices. By no means am I settled on one. I'm still trying to determine the various terms they use for 3D. Passive, Cinema, Theater etc. Dam confusing if you ask me. Not that I'm all about 3D but the Wife and daughter wants it for BluRay's. So if I'm gonna get it, I'm getting the best possible.


Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:56 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 6:04 pm
Posts: 2188
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Post Re: Vizio
Comixion wrote:
3D. Passive, Cinema, Theater etc. Dam confusing if you ask me. Not that I'm all about 3D but the Wife and daughter wants it for BluRay's. So if I'm gonna get it, I'm getting the best possible.

That's because there's no industry standard for 3D yet. Good luck!

_________________
Intel Core i7 6850k | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | Soundblaster Z
Corsair MP500 480GB, 2x Cruical MX300 2TB, OCZ RevoDrive3 X2 480GB, 2x Seagate 3TB RAID1
Coolermaster Cosmos II | XSPC EX360 + RX240 | Corsair RM850i


Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:15 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 12:07 pm
Posts: 3667
Location: Dallas, Texas, U.S.
Post Re: Vizio
jdrom wrote:
Comixion wrote:
3D. Passive, Cinema, Theater etc. Dam confusing if you ask me. Not that I'm all about 3D but the Wife and daughter wants it for BluRay's. So if I'm gonna get it, I'm getting the best possible.

That's because there's no industry standard for 3D yet. Good luck!


Which is exactly what I found somewhere on CNET I believe. It's suggested to "wait" on 3D for a while longer until it, well, gets the bugs taken out and something is set in stone.

btw" my 42" LG LCD in my bedroom is 4 years old and still has an excellent picture. And I'm very finicky about pic quality.


Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:39 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Owner
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 1345
Location: Tok, Alaska
Post Re: Vizio
Comixion wrote:
... btw" my 42" LG LCD in my bedroom is 4 years old and still has an excellent picture. And I'm very finicky about pic quality.

Then why do you torture us with those crappy cell phone "pics?"

_________________
i7-4790K~4.0GHz - ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark II - 16GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 1600 - Two 512GB Mushkin Reactor~RAID 0 (OS) - One WD 4GB Green (storage) - ASUS Strix GTX970 - Silverstone 1000W PSU - Silverstone Raven v3 - Dell 34" curved 3440x1440 - Win7 Ult 64bit


Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 12:07 pm
Posts: 3667
Location: Dallas, Texas, U.S.
Post Re: Vizio
AKHandyman wrote:
Comixion wrote:
... btw" my 42" LG LCD in my bedroom is 4 years old and still has an excellent picture. And I'm very finicky about pic quality.

Then why do you torture us with those crappy cell phone "pics?"



lol...good question. Thats why I get so frustrated when trying to take pics and they look theh way they do.


Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:21 am
Profile ICQ
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 6:04 pm
Posts: 2188
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Post Re: Vizio
Comixion wrote:
AKHandyman wrote:
Comixion wrote:
... btw" my 42" LG LCD in my bedroom is 4 years old and still has an excellent picture. And I'm very finicky about pic quality.

Then why do you torture us with those crappy cell phone "pics?"



lol...good question. Thats why I get so frustrated when trying to take pics and they look theh way they do.

Maybe if you bought a proper camera, it wouldn't be so frustrating ;)

I think a nice Nikon D3100 would suit you well :) Not too expensive either.

_________________
Intel Core i7 6850k | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | Soundblaster Z
Corsair MP500 480GB, 2x Cruical MX300 2TB, OCZ RevoDrive3 X2 480GB, 2x Seagate 3TB RAID1
Coolermaster Cosmos II | XSPC EX360 + RX240 | Corsair RM850i


Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:01 am
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 12:07 pm
Posts: 3667
Location: Dallas, Texas, U.S.
Post Re: Vizio
As a matter of fact I was looking at them yesterday at BB. (sigh) whilst choosing a TV.

And the guy really was trying to sell me on a Panasonic Plasma 65". I kept telling him I'm skeered of 'em. But it dam sure had an excellent picture. They have come a long way since their hayday. Less heat and better pic and construction but I'm still not sold.
I'm still leaning towards the LG 65LW6500. Sony is too overpriced and does not impress me. Samsung's new D8000 series is a gem but the 65" model is 4K. Im not going less than 65". My budget is 3K on the TV alone.


Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:52 am
Profile ICQ
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Theme Designed by ST Software for PTF.