View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Help with Home Theater 
Site Moderator

Post Help with Home Theater
It's been fours years since I bought my 65" DLP and now I decided to let it go and make room in my living room for a flat screen. I'm having it remodeled and since I'm getting new floor, furniture etc I may as well get a TV.
What should I look for when shopping for either LED or LCD? It's gonna be at least a 60" to hang on the wall with my existing Surround system or I may even get a new one of those. But that's something I can picl out on my own. I just need to know what to look for in an LED or LCD as far as quality and construction. The best picture, brand is a must. I may even settle for a 50-55" but I hate downgrading in size.
So what's an excellent brand?

I'm "kinda" looking here
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+6 ... Id=2592053

In addition...with my DLP I have it sitting on a wood cabinet which holds my U-Verse box, DVD, AMP and DVD's etc. With space saving in mind on a wall mounted TV, what would be the best way to situate all that stuff without having to use that bulky cabinet again? plus the running of all the cables? How do you guys who have flat panels have yours set up?

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:40 pm
Profile ICQ

Post Re: Help with Home Theater
SONY's Bravia is usually the benchmark for the flat panel industry.

get the LED if you can, with at least 120hz (240hz if you can afford it). so i would say 60"+ SONY Bravia LED TV with at least 120hz refresh rate so you can run 3d movies, or 3d games.

Crucial M4 SSD 512
Cooler Master Cosmos S

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]