View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Business printers/copiers 
Site Moderator

Post Business printers/copiers
How is data sent to a printer/copy machine in an office from the computers when it isnt hard wired directly to said copy machine? And there is no cable plugged into the wall. Only the power cord.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:32 am
Profile ICQ
Site Moderator

Post Re: Business printers/copiers
WiFi would be the only other logical option. Majority of printers come with that now, so all you need is a power cable.

Coolermaster Cosmos II | XSPC EX360 + RX240 | Corsair RM850i

Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:52 pm
Site Moderator

Well now that I can type on my PC and not my phone...here's the issue.
An Apartment complex where my sister is the Manager, has a separate room in a separate bldg. for 2 computers and a copy machine which is used by the tenants only.
She don't want to have to pay someone to come fix it.
At one time you could copy on it from those 2 PCs. Also, you could pick up wifi if you were in the vicinity of that bldg.
Well, after the painters came in and pulled everything out of the room to paint nothing has worked since. No wifi and no copying. She asked me to look at it but I don't know shit about networking in that aspect. I did however walk in and look at it and the copy machine is just plugged into the wall via the power plug. I saw no modem but didn't really look for one since I was in a hurry and didn't really wanna mess with it. So, what sent out the wifi signal and how did the copy machine function? What should I look for? Its hard to think the copy machine has wifi because its looks older than AK. But I could be wrong. Any tips I would appreciate so she will get off my case. Plus not think Im a dummy.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:58 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Moderator

If it's an older printer, then it was likely plugged into 1 machine and then setup as a shared printer in Windows.

Maybe the WiFi router was mounted on the wall, the painters removed it, and it got lost?

Coolermaster Cosmos II | XSPC EX360 + RX240 | Corsair RM850i

Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:56 pm
Site Moderator

jdrom wrote:
If it's an older printer, then it was likely plugged into 1 machine and then setup as a shared printer in Windows.

Maybe the WiFi router was mounted on the wall, the painters removed it, and it got lost?

Exactly what happened. Painters tossed it in the closet. Everythings working fine.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:25 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]