View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Mionix NAOS 7000 

Post Mionix NAOS 7000
so over the weekend, went back to FRYS to return the faulty Razer Blackwidow keyboard. instead of exchanging for another keyboard, i op'ed to get a new mouse instead. i was surprised by the sudden out of the blue purchased i made. out of a limp, i gave this new company Mionix a try. if you didn't know. Mionix is a Swedish company started out by a guy back in 2007 who set out to make a no fuss egronomic gaming mouse with all the performance and accuracy of a gaming sensor that gamers would ask for.

here's my review that i just put up on Amazon. i highly recommend you guys to give it a shot at your local store. it took me by surprise.

NAOS 7000

This was a rather surprising find, and purchase for me. i went to FRYS to return a faulty razer blackwidow ultimate. and instead of exchanging the keyboard, i op'ed to pick up a new mouse. the store had a display unit Naos 7000 on the shelf, so i put my hand onto it, right off the bat it molded to my hand. i was surprised. i am very picky when it comes to mice. and i've tried countless, and i've lost count how many gaming mice i've tried and returned in the past. and everytime i always go back to the classic MX518/G400/G7/G400s design, because it seems to be the only one that supports my big hand with long finger the best. but this NAOS 7000 took me by surprise.

Pros
1. VERY ergonomic for people with big hands and long fingers.
2. the mouse fit both grip styles (two fingers on bottom, three fingers on top; or three fingers bottom and two on top).
3. very accurate sensor ADNS 3310, with no acceleration, snapping, or smoothing.
4. software is simple and straight forward, with options like lift off distance, and customizable LED color.
5. braided cabe is VERY soft, one of the softest braided cable i've used, in comparison to razer/logitech.
6. for the price, you get the rubberized texture, which is to be expected.

Con
1. the only con i can think of is the texture can be slippery and can be hard for you to pick up the mouse when you first put your hand on. but after a min or two when your hand warms up it is no longer slippery. because the mouse structure is designed to mold to your hand, think of putting you hand onto a very soft putty to create a mold, there's really not much angles and ridges for you to cling against. so it CAN be slippery when your hand is dry and cold. but once the hand warms up, the rubberized texture seems to bond to your had well. it'll be nice if Mionix could implement some kind of cross contour rubber texture under the thumb, and under the tip of the ring finger and pinky.

2. another con, which is more subjective than anything, and i'd imagine won't take long for me to get used to, is the placement of the DPI switches. the two DPI switches are a bit too far back for me. and the buttons themselves are a bit too recessed. i would prefer the buttons to be a bit more forward with a more pronounced hump. it can be hard to find the buttons to switch DPI when you're in the midst of battle when the buttons themselves are so flat and far back.

Additional comment:
i would like to see Mionix implement some kind of cross section rubber texture material on the thumb area, and the tip of the middle, ring, pinky finger area to help increase friction. while the mouse does mold to your hand really well and one of the most comfortable mouse. if your hand is very dry and cold, it can be slippery to pick up.

i am impressed by the comfort, and accuracy of this mouse. if only there is an additional third thumb button, and they address the slippery issue by adding some cross rubber texture, it'll be even better.

for people who struggle to find a mouse that'll treat their ring finger well, this is THE mouse i've found so far that will.

Attachments:
NAOS_7000_5_Transparent_BG__05961.1405464939.1280.1280.png
NAOS_7000_5_Transparent_BG__05961.1405464939.1280.1280.png [ 398.32 KiB | Viewed 496 times ]

Crucial M4 SSD 512
Cooler Master Cosmos S
Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Post Re: Mionix NAOS 7000
what no love?

Crucial M4 SSD 512
Cooler Master Cosmos S

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Post Re: Mionix NAOS 7000
wireless mices are for amatures :p

Crucial M4 SSD 512
Cooler Master Cosmos S