View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Networking shame. 

Post Networking shame.
Need some help guys setting up my simple home network. I am trying to network my PC and laptop so I'll be able to stream movies on the laptop connected to the TV. Both computers have Windows 7, both are on the same homegroup, and both have network discovery turned on. The problem is that I can't connect to the other computer on the network. Error code 0x80070035. Tried it with windows firewall off and with avast disabled on the laptop, and got the same thing. I am using a wrt54g router with ddwrt firmware. My next guess is opening up a port, but which one?

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:35 am

Post Re: Networking shame.
what if you try to map the shared path on the other machine as a network drive

so obviously, map network drive

use path \\other-computer\shared-folder

but map it using a different user and for username use, other-computer\user, and then the password. obviously, this user account has to exist on the other machine, and ideally the user account will have a password on it....

see if that works

i doubt its the router blocking it, if anything, the router will block traffic coming from outside, and nothing inside

you might try just accessing it by ip address too, \\ipaddress\share, you know....if that works, try these steps, just pulled them from somewhere

1) Go to “Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections”.

2) Right-Click on the connection and choose Properties.

3) Click “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Version 4” in the list.

4) Click Properties, and then click Advanced.

5) On the Advanced TCP/IP settings windows, go to “WINS” tab.

6) Under NetBIOS setting, click “Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP”, and then click OK.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]